this post contains affiliate links
This Camper Van was built in Germany in 1964 from there it was imported to California in 1970 - just missing the 'swinging 60's'. It was imported to the U.K. in 2009 and has undergone a massive mechanical overhaul since. Check out the timeline photo in the gallery below.
CLICK ANY IMAGE TO VISIT PRODUCT VEHICLE LISTING PAGE.
1964 VW T1 Splitscreen Campervan.
This is a rare 251 model (7 seater, Special Edition, DeLuxe Micro Bus) without the optional roof windows. Original VW "birth certificate" with all details is available. The car comes with a large folder of photographs, import documents, all MOT's since its import into the UK as well as invoices for work carried out and parts.
The car was manufactured in Germany for the American market. It has been imported from the USA back to the UK back in 2009 and has undergone a full restoration including the following:
- removal of vinyl wrap
- new lower nose panel (Schofield)
- new loading door sill (KlassicFab)
- cab door repairs
- respray in L380 Turquoise.
There is a stack of pictures of the restoration available upon request.
The car has got a Scorpion Automotive SA30 alarm system fitted (https://www.scorpionauto.com/car-remote-alarm-immobiliser-scorpion-sa30/). It also equipped with a modern radio and a CD changer. All doors line up perfectly and the car looks straight as an arrow. The pictures show this quite nicely. Therefore the car is an ideal investment.
Now regarding the mechanical condition of the car, it has been serviced to a high standard by Absolute VW in Derby. This is a list of recent jobs they have completed :
(Recent invoices available for all the work carried out and parts totalling over £4K)
- Service and tune up
- New ethanol resistant fuel lines with fuel filter in correct place
- Reduction box and gear box drained
- Reduction boxes all sealed up and x2 new axle gators
- Gear box and reduction boxes topped up with fresh oil
- New rear brake shoes (contaminated from gearbox oil)
- New solid brake lines front to rear and all the rear solid lines as old ones were steel and very crusty
- Clutch conduit and cable
- Accelerator cable
- Buttys bits accelerator linkage
- Clutch, brake and accelerator pedal assembly stripped greased/oiled and refitted
- New front gear selector rod bush
- Hurst gear selector oiled and selecting all gears as it should
- Steering box regreased with correct oil
- Steering box centred and pitman arm moved one spline
- New steering pin
- Link pin play taken out and greased the whole beam
- 4 wheel laser tracked now drives superb!
- MOT (valid until August 2018)*
*With the new law coming in 2018, all historic vehicles older than 40 years will be MOT and Tax exempt! That means that you will never ever have to put it through an MOT. We do it anyway to ensure our vehicles are road worthy, but it is one less thing to worry about I suppose.
We have purchased a seal bundle kit from Alan Schofield. So far we have replaced the seals around all doors and windows including engine lid and boot lid. The remaining seals are all boxed up and will come with the vehicle. So you can replace the other seals when required and at your own leisure.
Just to mention, there is some rust around the front windows. This has recently been sealed but would need doing at the some point in the future.
The auction on eBay is running until the 28th of January @ 20:00pm